Goals of the EM master programme
The Master of Science "Environmental Management" programme offered by the Kiel School of Sustainability at the University of Kiel aims to train professionals in the environmental sector, enabled to work in interdisciplinary and international teams.
Students participating in the programme will:
- acquire skills, assess and apply complex management concepts in order to solve today's and tomorrow's environmental challenges
- increase understanding of environmental sciences how to apply this understanding
- gain knowledge in natural sciences, including knowledge of methods in system analysis, modeling, geographic information systems (GIS) and data management
- learn how to conceptualize adaptive management, including economic and social aspects
- train "soft skills" by working in international and interdisciplinary teams
Target students are students who are interested in finding solutions for environmental problems and conflicts, especially considering the socio-economic circumstances of the working area. A background in related sciences is required. Working experience is welcome, but not necessary.